Monday, April 7, 2008



Kenny here - I obtained my shortwave radio license about ten years ago and have met some very interesting people on the radio waves. I thought I would take this hobby and put it to use in my community. I took some courses in meteorology and then started to use these skills along with my licensce to become a part of skywarn. This association is linked with the national weather service in which I report to during severe weather warning emergency officials to activate city warning alarms. This is a photo I took in Lewisville,TX. Intense wall cloud trying to form a tornado. This photo was shot at about 2-3 miles away from cloud formation. I actually was able to capture this phenomonon, but my truck did receive dime to quarter size hail dents trying to get southeast of the storm to capture the perferct photo. I measured winds up to 58 miles per hour. Storm dynamics are unbelievable, I got hooked on the science behind the storm. This photo was taken at the end of march 2008, only the beginning of north texas severe weather season.

No comments: